Sunday, February 12, 2012

Reading list: week six

Given what I wrote last week, it should surprise no one that my first two books read this week were:

Scorpio Races (finished finally--it was beautifully written).
Girls Don't Fly: I love Kristen Chandler's writing: it's spare, a little quirky, and she does a great job weaving natural history into her works.

I also read:
Veronica Roth, Divergent, which I enjoyed (all but the ending)
Brodi Ashton, Everneath, which I keep feeling like I should have liked more than I did. The writing was solid, the plot had a great concept, but I just didn't connect to the characters like I wanted, and while I liked them, I didn't see this all consuming love-affair that the book envisioned. (It probably didn't help that I was sick, and therefore cranky).

No comments:

Post a Comment