Monday, February 6, 2012

Reading list: week 5

I finally finished my stack of library books, which means that this week I read two more Gail Carriger books: Changeless and Blameless. Sometimes the writing seems overly Victorian to me (or, I should say, faux-Victorian), but in general the series is a lot of fun, witty, and I love the late Victorian setting.

I'm almost finished with Scorpio Races (finally!). My slowness in reading is *not* a commentary on the book, which is fabulously written and which I've deliberately put off a few times because I knew I needed sleep and that book would not let me put it down.

I also started the first of my Whitney books: Kristen Chandler's Girls Don't Fly. I adored her book Wolves, Boys, and Other Things that Might Kill Me, so I'm excite to see where she goes with this (also a little dismayed because I had an MG novel in my head that was somewhat similar to this! Oh well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment